Number of annual grants: 4 (2022 Grant Cycle only)
Size of grant: $250,000 (2022 Grant Cycle only)
Types of grants: Unrestricted Operating Support
Target population: Children in the greater Los Angeles area
Applications process: By invitation only
Format: Use only the Letter of Inquiry form, revised annually and given to invited applicants between September and November of each year.
Grant Outreach for the 2022 grant will open in September 2021.
Grant Outreach for the 2022 grant will close on November 12, 2021.
Grant decision made: June 2022
Grant decision announced: June 2022
Funds available for grantee: June/July 2022
Exceptions to deadlines: None
The following comprise the official eligibility guidelines that are presented on the Everychild Foundation website. These are the guidelines potential grantees review before submitting an LOI. Applicant agencies must meet all of the following eligibility guidelines:
1. The agency is seeking funding for operating support due to the challenges resulting from the Covid 19 crisis, to service the needs of children and youth in Los Angeles County.
2. The critical unmet need identified by the applicant agency can best be addressed by private philanthropy, alone or in combination with public funding.
3. If your agency includes services to adults, you must demonstrate that children are the primary population served, and adult involvement is integrated to improve those services to children.
4. The agency must demonstrate that it has the organizational capacity and experience to:
• Administer our grant, based on the agency’s history of administering grants of comparable size.
• Develop or continue diverse fundraising strategies to sustain ongoing operations.
5. The agency is an acknowledged leader in its field of children’s services.
6. The agency’s board of directors is comprised of unpaid volunteers.
7. The agency is headquartered in and its primary service is focused in Los Angeles County. It does not benefit from a national fundraising affiliation.
8. The agency is non-sectarian and the agency does not proselytize or target sectarian populations for services.
9. The agency is able and willing to help publicize the Everychild Foundation gift and can provide suitable donor recognition opportunities.