As members gain more knowledge and understanding of their selected issues, they are encouraged to become active in any of the following ways:
- Advocacy, including, but not limited to, organizing letter writing, calls and visits to decision-makers, submitting opinion pieces for news publications and utilization of social media to advance stances
- Participation in community-based funder consortiums and citizen groups and facilitating community partnerships*
- Helping to present policy workshops and conferences**
- Organizing Evening Salons with speakers on relevant policy matters***
- Educating the general Everychild membership about advocacy and the P&AC particular focus areas
- Developing a library of ECF policy resources
* Examples of such groups Committee members have joined include CASA, Children Now, LA Partnership for Early Childhood Investment, A Coalition to End Youth Homelessness, NRDC, Southern CA Grantmakers, the L.A. County Probation Commission and the L.A. County Youth Justice Work Group.